Altnets already offer FTTP to twice as many premises as BT – by 2020 we forecast they will reach 1.5m premises, more than BT and Virgin Media’s planned FTTP builds combined.
– INCA’s report Building Gigabit Britain
This is an impressive claim from INCA CEO Malcolm Corbett, who goes on to tell us that Britain’s alternative digital infrastructure providers will be out in force at the INCA Conference – Building Gigabit Britain, which runs alongside Broadband World Forum on 19th October.
He goes on to say that:
Companies like CityFibre, Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, Relish, Metronet and B4RN are building the fibre and wireless networks that create Gigabit Britain. With investment flowing into the sector, new networks are getting built and customers are delighted with their superfast and ultrafast broadband services.
As this association rapidly moves forward it’s clear that it sees its collective as the third competitor to BT and Virgin Media.
Join INCA at Building Gigabit Britain next week and learn more. Meet CEOs and policy makers, and hear what the movers and shakers have to say about their ambitions for the sector.
- Matt Hancock MP – Minister for Digital & Culture
- Chris Townsend – Head of BDUK
- Clive Selley – CEO Openreach
- Anna Krzyzanowska – DG Connect, European Commission
- Chi Onwurah MP
- Clive Carter – Ofcom
- Paul Morris – Vodafone
- Ali Law – Sky
- Mark Collins – CityFibre
- Dana Tobak – Hyperoptic, Matthew Hare – Gigaclear
- Kate Rennicks – Metronet
- Kevin Gaskell – ITS Technology Group
- Louise Lancaster – Relish
- Barry Forde – B4RN
- Stephen Hilton – Bristol City Council
- Zoe Laird – Community Broadband Scotland